Ingredients: 250 gr sugar, 250 gr flour, 250 gr butter or margarin, 5 eggs, baking powder, one pinch of salt, lemon zest, juice of a half lemon and 1 tbs of rum, jam or marmalade or fresh fruit purée as you wish
on the top: 150 gr grated walnuts and bitter chocolate fondant or flakes
1. Butter and flour two 8-inch round cake pans and preheat oven to 350° F /200 Celsius
In a medium sized bowl, mix the cake flour, salt, and baking powder together with a fork.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each one.
3. Put dry ingredients in a sifter and sift approximately 1/3 into the egg mixture. Add the lemon zest and fold the flour and lemon zest into the mixture. Add lemon juice and rum. Continue with remaining 1/2 of flour until all of the ingredients have been blended together. Pour into prepared cake pans.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until cakes are set; they will have pulled away from the side of the pan. Remove from oven and turn out onto wire racks to cool.
5. When the cake is cool, cut into half and spread marmalade on top of one cake, reserving a spoonful for the top of the cake if desired. Place the second cake on top of that and place the reserved marmalade in the center of the top layer. Grate fondant choco on top and toss grated walnut. Serve with cream.
Not only easy but also delicious!