Ingredients: 500 g of cooked potatoes, 125 g +45 g flour, 50 g + 2 tablespoons butter, salt, 1 tbs cinnamon, 2 g +50 g brown sugar, 800 g sour apples, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, 75 g candied cranberry, 2 tablespoons almonds
1.Cook the potatoes without peeling about 25 minutes. Remove the rind and then pressed through in a potato-masher. When it gets cold, add 125 g of flour, 50 g butter, 1 pinch of salt, 1 tsp cinnamon and a half of the brown sugar. Roll out dough. Allow to stand for 2 hours.
2. Making the pastry base: Peel the apples, remove the cores, cut into quarters. Pour over apple 50 g lemon juice and add sugar and the flour, and 45 g dried cranberry.
3. Place half of the pastry base in the pan, sprinkle the top with almonds. Spoon the apple mixture on it and then top it with the second large dough, peck/fold the projecting parts with your fingers together, thus “close” the dough.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and pour over top of cake. If there is some leftover pasta cut out small star shapes (with the bakery star shape form) and place on top of the dough, and then lubricate them also with plenty of butter. Finally, sprinkle the cake with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes. When the cake is removed from the oven, cover with foil. Wait until it cools down.
Ingredients: half kg Granny Smith apples, 4 eggs, 200 g sugar, 1 tablespoon liquid vanilla flavoring, 125 g flour, powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Peel the apples, get rid of the apple-cores then cut them in small cubes. Arrange apple slices into the round cake form.
2. For the dough: beat egg yolks, add sugar and the vanilla flavor, mix well everything together. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the flour. Take the apple out of the oven and disperse evenly on the dough. Place dough into the oven and bake it for 50-60 minutes. After 45 minutes cover the cake with aluminum foil. Allow cake to cool in the form, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
3. Prepare the quark cream: mix 50 g walnuts (oven roasted), 500 g cream and the cottage cheese, and add 2 tablespoons of honey to it. Thus offer the Szarlotka with the quark cream alongside.
German apple cake with marzipan and quince jelly
Ingredients: 200 g marzipan paste, 200 g sour cream, 2 apples, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 sheet of pastry (frozen), 2 tablespoons sugar, 100 g quince jelly or jam
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the sour cream with marzipan. Roll out thinly.
2. Peel the apples, cut the cores out and slice crosswise into thin slices. Pour over the lemon juice immediately.
3. Place the marzipan cream to the pan, “tamp” into the apple rings and sprinkle with sugar. Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Heat the quince jam and disperse on cake until it is still warm.
Ingredients: 250 ml milk, 42g yeast, 3g +75g +100g sugar 500g of flour, salt, 1 teaspoon thyme, 500g ricotta, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 400g plums, apples and a half kg, 300g cream
For the dough: raise the yeast in the sugary milk. Mix the flour, with 75 g sugar and add a pinch of salt. Pour the leavened milk over the flour and knead it. Place dough in a greased (floured) pan and bake it for 30 minutes.
For the filling: flavor ricotta with 1 tbs of thyme, add 1 egg and 100 grams of sugar, and the lemon juice. Mix everything well.
Preheat oven, wash plum, peel apples. Quarter them. Smear ricotta cream over the dough, then add quartered plums and apples to it and bake it for 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile beat the cream and serve the cake with it.