Believe me this is a perfect side dish for a gloomy November day! I prepared last week (first time) and my family asked to do it again and again! I baked the potato in the oven with only 2 tablespoon olive oil. You can sprinkle some balsamic vinegar over sweet potatoes if you wish! But I made some Greek joghurt dip and I think they were just meant to each other! I mean the potato and the dip!
Ingredients: 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- oil spray, or 1-2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder (or cinnamon, for sweet fries)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I omitted for sweet fries)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tbs caraway seeds
- 1/2 tbs garam massala
1. Preheat oven to 400F/200 C and grease a baking sheet. Cut the potatoes into the wanted shapes (thick or thin), then soak them in water for around 45 minutes. This is the important step to make them crispy!
2. Drain and pat dry. Toss the fries with the oil or oil spray in a large bowl. Add all other spices/ingredients and mix them well. Spread the fries on the baking sheet.
3. Bake potato for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through. For even crispier potatoe fries, feel free to leave them in longer or broil for the last 1-2 minutes.
Actually I cooked them on parchment paper, which absorbed some of the moisture!
For the dip: 1 non fat Greek joghurt, 1-2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 spoon of fine-velvety mayonnaise, salt and pepper