50 ml vegetable oil
2 pkts (700 g) chicken breast fillets diced
4 cloves garlic (14 g) chopped
1 turnip and 1 courgette, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes (1.3kg)
6 carrots (500 g) peeled and cut into chunks
4 onions peeled and diced (470 g)
1 piece of ginger (30 g) peeled and chopped
1 tin kingfisher coconut milk
1 chicken stock
2 tbsp curry powder (20 g)
salt and pepper
1 bunch of fresh coriander (optional)
- Put oil into a large pot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add turnip, carrot and curry powder and turn everything together.
- Pour over coconut milk and chicken stock cube and add courgette then bring to a gentle simmer with a lid on top.
- Cut your chicken pieces in half and after 25-30 minutes (as long as the turnip is cooked) add your chicken (you can add mango chutney for more flavour).
- Cook gently for a further 10 minutes with the lid off, season and serve chicken with the sauce and rice and a garnish of chopped coriander leaves.