Thanks for liking my dish!!!
1 ½ lbs tomatoes, sliced lengthwise, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 medium onion, diced, 4 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 2 cups basil leaves, roughly chopped, 2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon sugar, 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste, 2/3 cup heavy cream
garnish: fried basil goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spread tomato halves onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast tomatoes for about 1 hour.
4. While tomatoes are in the oven, melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
5. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the garlic and thyme and sauté for another 5 minutes.
7. Add crushed tomatoes, basils and sugar. Season with…
View original post 100 more words