Ingredients: half of a medium celery, 1 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered), half of a sweet potato, 1 onion (skinned, quartered), 1 tablespoon oil, 1 litre chicken stock (salt reduced), 250 ml cream, salt (seasoning to taste), pepper (seasoning to taste), nutmeg
for the crouton: dry bread cut into small cubes, 1 clove garlic, 0,5 g walnut chopped in the mortar, salt, butter or oil
- Cut the celery in large dice. Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes. Chop onion.
- In a large pot, heat oil and add finely chopped celery and onion, saute for a few minutes until celery gets golden color. Add the potatoes, stock and seasonings.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes or until potato is breaking up. Using a stab blender or goblet blender, puree the soup until smooth. Return to pot, add cream and heat, but do not boil, taste and adjust seasonings in need.
- Prepare croutons: fry the garlic in the butter or oil in a frying pan. Discard it before charred. Add the nicely cut breads to butter and fry until crispy. Scatter with grounded walnut.
- Serve soup with the croutons on top.