Ingredients: 2 cups+ 1 Tablespoon (250 g) flour, ⅔ cup (150 g) unsalted butter, at room temp., 3½ ounces (100 g) marzipan, ¼ cup (50 g) sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg yolk, 1 pinch of salt, 1 small jar of strawberry, raspberry, blueberry etc. marmalade
- Preheat your oven to 350 F convection or 180 grades.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking liner.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until evenly combined.
- Cover dough and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 14 equally sized parts, round biscuits.(I’ve made a second layer from marzipan, which I mixed with one egg white and a bit of water. Then I put into a baking sack and made the second layer, omitting the middle part of the biscuits).
- Place the dough cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until done. Baking times vary. Spoon jam into the middle and bake for 5 more minutes until ready.
- Cool on wired rack.
- You can store biscuits in air tight container.